Black Cat takes to the skies with the “transport of a lifetime” in an exclusive preview of Marvel Comics’ Mary Jane & Black Cat #1, on sale December 21.
Black Cat kicks off its new series teaming up with Mary Jane Watson in the most on-brand way possible – ticking off Doctor Doom’s signature mask.
Marvel Comics has provided CBR with an exclusive preview for Mary Jane and black cat #1, which is due out in a week on Wednesday, December 21 as part of the dark web an event. The first issue of the five-part limited series comes from writer Jed MacKay, artist Vicenzo Carratù, colorist Brian Reber and letterer Ariana Maher. It features a main cover by J. Scott Campbell, along with variant covers from the likes of Adam Hughes, Pablo Villalobos, David Nakayama, Paulo Siqueira, and Peach Momoko.
MARIE JANE & BLACK CAT #1 (OF 5)
- JED MACKAY (F) • VINCENZO CARRATU (A) • Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
- Demonized Variant Cover by ADAM HUGHES • Variant Cover by Pablo Villalobos
- VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY DAVID NAKAYAMA • Variant cover by David Nakayama
- Variant Cover by Paulo Siqueira • VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
- From Jed MacKay (MOON KNIGHT, IRON CAT) and Vincenzo Carratu comes one of the most explosive and crazy adventures in Marvel Memory! In the explosive setting of DARK WEB, Mary Jane Watson and Felicia Hardy find themselves thrown into each other and then into LIMBO! But SOMETHING HAS CHANGED WITH MJ! And she’s not the only one keeping secrets – Felicia has a bad conscience and that upsets their escape plan!
- 40 PGS./Rated T…$4.99
In the preview itself, Felicia Hardy/Black Cat finds herself being chased by a swarm of flesh-eating logs. As she ruminates on her friendship with Mary Jane and the sense of responsibility she feels to protect her, for the love of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, she makes a shocking discovery: MJ now has superpowers. To give some context to her current situation, Felicia goes back in time a bit to discuss her last heist, in which she got away with “The Mask of Doctor Doom” – which happens to be the title of the story. of the problem.
Marvel’s Dark Web Event is upon us
The dark web The whole event centers around Ben Reilly/Chasm and Madelyne Pryor/Goblin Queen – villainous clones of Peter Parker and Jean Grey, respectively – as they wreak havoc on the Marvel Universe. The former Scarlet Spider and former Spider-Man wants revenge on Peter, while the Goblin Queen has a similar goal in mind for the X-Men.
Written by Jed MacKay, illustrated by Vicenzo Carratù, colored by Brian Reber and lettered by Ariana Maher of VC, Mary Jane and black cat Issue 1 will go on sale December 21, 2022 from Marvel Comics, followed by issue 2 on January 11, 2023.
Source: Marvel Comics