IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (KIFI) – Two animals have died and another is recovering from a mobile home fire in Idaho Falls.
It happened just after 5:10 p.m. Wednesday night at the Shady Rest Campground near the Yellowstone Highway.
No residents or firefighters were injured in the blaze.
A cat and a dog were found dead inside the house.
Firefighters also found a husky puppy struggling to breathe. The dog was treated at the scene and taken to the vet.
The Idaho Falls Fire Department said the cause of the fire was a stove accidentally left on and unattended.
The mobile home is a total loss.
Those who lived there remain for the moment in family.
KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.
Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can view our Community Guidelines by clicking here
If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.